Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Tony Tyree - FRL Driver

This week we sit down with Tony Tyree of Geekly Retrospect Racing. Tony has been a stalewart driver in the FRL since its beginning, sharing the distinction of starting nearly every FRL event to date. He stops by to give us his thoughts on the FRL.

FRL: So Tony, where are you from?

Tony: Born and raised right here in Northwest Arkansas, I think I've only lived in three houses counting the one I’ve owned now my whole life. Sad I know haha.

FRL: What other pursuits or interests do you have outside of Forza?

Tony: If you were to ask my wife she'd say nothing but I really have lots of interests, movies and TV to name a few along with dabbling in podcasting.

FRL: So, what has been your history with cars?

Tony: It's kinda funny, I came from a family of shade tree mechanics. I’m the youngest of five kids. I've got three older brothers and a sister and there are 15 years between us, so they were all driving ever since I could remember. The earliest cars I can remember was a 70's Corvette Stingray one of my brothers had and another brother had a 68’ Camero. My sister had a couple late 70's Z28's which she wrecked both of them. My two oldest brothers had a body shop a block from the house for a few years in the early to mid-80's. I spent a lot of time down there in the way. As I got older around my 20's I kind of lost interest in cars became more interested in drinking and getting into trouble. But I guess the shade tree must be in the blood because now I'm not afraid to tackle my own repairs if I've got the time and tools for the job.

FRL: What appeals to you most about Forza?

Tony: It really is the cars. There is such a variety of cars in Forza. I really like being able to drive cars I grew up with and I've really started taking an interest in the European cars. I've really had a lot of fun in the FRL. Testing and tuning cars to race I made it a goal this season to run only tune setups I've built myself instead of buying one off the market place like I've done in the past two seasons and I feel really good about that I think for not really knowing what I'm doing I've done fairly well.

FRL: Indeed, the positive results from your garage have shown on the track this season. So, what are your thoughts on Season 3 so far?

Tony: Wow, this has been the best season yet. There has been a great turn out of really talented drivers. The races are a lot more action packed, anything can happen that could shake up the standings at any time. We're what, three tracks in now and I think the U. S. tour we're about to start will really give us some good racing. I'm really looking forward to the rest of the season. I'm hoping to lock in a solid fourth place in the standings and get a third place finish in at least one event. But with all the competition it will be a challenge for sure.


 Thanks again to Tony Tyree for sitting down for this FRL Driver interview. Tune in next week when we hear from Brandon Adkins.

No comments:

Post a Comment